Wednesday, February 29, 2012
The Storm Came Close
Well I had a very restful night last night. I love to snuggle down under the covers when a storm blows through. The thunder and lighting were terrific. My bedroom is on the second floor and the roof is just above us and this makes for some very nice sounds. Sleep like a baby! I woke and went about my daily routine, jet dressed, make a couple mugs of coffee for me and Dan, feed the cats, pack up my computer, and wait for Dan to pick me up. I strolled out to the truck thinking what a beautiful day we were in store for. I was really surprised when the first thing Dan said to me was, do you think our walls are still standing. I had no idea what he was talking about. Did you not know there was some tornadoes that went through the area last night, he said. Nope! Yea, he said, one hit Buffalo and one went from Kimberling City to Branson, right over our job. Wow! our morning was starting off a little bit different then I expected. As we were traveling toward our job we received a call from the builder and he told us trees were down and the road to the job was probably closed. Me and Dan went into a steady conversation of all the things that might have happened to our job. Are the walls still standing, is there debris everywhere, has a big tree fallen on the floor, has the whole neighborhood been demolished, a million questions, but no answers. Well, our trip to Gobblers Mountain went in a giffy and at first we thought, oh my goodness there is no way the walls are standing. Trees were down everywhere and there was a lot of home damage. We eased our way through the rubble and made it safely to the job site. Low and behold we escaped unscathed. How can a storm destroy property just a few hundred feet away and not even a small branch on the sub-floor. Safe From the Storm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sam,
ReplyDeleteI live about ten miles south of Buffalo and when this storm came through I was at work. I work the overnight shift in Springfield and everytime they say there is a storm in Dallas County I worry about my wife and kids. We lost one tree but I think it was rotten at the base. It is amazing how storms can demolish one thing but leave others untouched.