I have a world religion class this semester and my voice has been silenced. In Biology 100 we were told that we could not talk about creation because our class taught evolution. My thoughts on the subject did not matter, my voice was silenced. In Physics 100 we were told that we could not talk about the creation of our universe because our class teaches the Big Bang theory. It did not matter what I thought, my voice was silenced. Now in World Religion 110 I have recently found out that I can't talk about the Antichrist. What? Why not? Can I have a belief on anything? Are my beliefs censored by the state? I am beginning to understand why our college kids seem like zombies. They are! There are so many interesting thoughts out there in kid’s brains. The problem is they are not sure if they should be thinking them. What does my professor want me to say, I'm not sure, the tug is definitely in one direction. I don't want to, you know, brown nose them but crap I can cover that up. Don't stir waves and get the stupid A. Is that a conundrum? It seems so progressive they can't be wrong, can they? I mean it's all so stinking enlightened! Oh my, if I could only reach that level of knowledge. Wait a minute, that wouldn't work. I would be given over to my depraved mind and then I would do things I shouldn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment