Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Can you do that in your sleep?
About 6 months ago I had a strange dream. A dream so scary it required me to post Psalm 91 on a wood beam next to the corner of our fireplace.I have heard it said that dreams don't come in color. I think I do dream in color but that's not what I want to tell you. I don't remember a lot but I remember the important part. Its what I did outside the dream that was weird. Our bedroom is upstairs and we have a large brick fireplace between us and the stairs that go downstairs. The corner of this large masonry structure was dilapidated in my dream. There was family, my wife, a couple of the kids and a few others, I don't remember exactly who, but others. I lay on the ground frozen, my arms were paralyzed from fear. The growl was something to behold, there was no way I wanted to see what was around the edge of the brick. As dreams would have it, you can't control that. If I ever needed to move it was now, move, move, please. Slowly a wolf came around that corner and eyed me. No ordinary wolf, a wolf full of demons meaning me harm. Great, a demon wolf and I can't pick my nose, hands won't move. Oh boy! My body was so weak, so weak that I knew it was a dream in my dream. With all of the strength a dreaming person can muster in a dream I reached for a small stone. I threw that stone. I awoke, I awoke myself with an arm jerkin throwing motion. I was sitting up in bed staring at the corner of our fireplace. Can you do that in your sleep?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment