Have you ever wondered what fills the space around you? Is the stuff in that space in its proper place? How about the space not around you but kind of around you, I mean only in your mind, is that space proper? I have been drawing on a house we are building on Table rock Lake. I draw my plans in 2D but the house needs to be built in 3D. Everything in between the 2D drawing and a 3D house needs to happen in the proper place in my mind. After all we can't afford to shingle the sub-floor or carpet the roof can we? The way we utilize this space of our mind can be mind boggling if we allow the compartments that should be filled with components of building materials to become ensnared by emotions and ideas. Let’s leave that to the architects, they are trained to cry if the cheap popular wood won't take walnut stain. I have enough problems keeping my own personal problems out of my 3D space. Carpenters like Dan and I need to get trusses, structural steel, and 2x lumber in the right compartment. This is not art; this is relations with space, spacial relations for the layman. When all of this space is correct as it should be then the foundation flows upward to floors that carry many walls. On these walls, all plumb and parallel are rafters stretching towards the border of this space, a 2x8 ridge, I repeat the border of this space. A person who has a better relation with space could add a second floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment