Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fast Tracker

Tony is a very busy man. He goes from to to fro in just a couple of seconds. In our business we call a man like that a fast tracker. The rest of us sit around contemplating things and Tony just gets it done, or does he? I overheard him tell his boss that he could get it done no problem. Get what done? I did not hear that part but I did hear his boss say GREAT! When you put "no problem" and "GREAT" together my guess is that if not both than a least one of these men must be a fast tracker. I have heard Tony say "no problem" many times before and he says it really fast, at a minimum he is a fast tracker. But what is it he is getting done? He never ever works; he just bangs around on his phone thingamajig. I am perplexed. The next day Tony was toying with his thingamajig and also talking to a subordinate at the same time. WOW! What talent. They were a little distance from me so their voices were hard to hear. I was unable to see this subordinates face but somehow I could read his lips clearly, "no problem". Then Tony said, I was reading lips here too, "GREAT!" What is it that will give Mr. Subordinate no problem? Is it the same thing that would give Tony no problem? Both Tony and Mr. Subordinate spend the next 10 minutes playing with their thingamajigs. Mr. Subordinate then gets up and heads for the exit door. When he gets a little closer I recognize the face. Tom, I yelled in his direction, what’s up? He was a busy man but came over anyway. "What are you doing here" was the first words out of his mouth. "Get back to work". Oh yea, that's right I was suppose to have all my work done by this morning and I did tell Tom "NO PROBLEM".  Does this mean we all have a problem?

1 comment:

  1. Yes you all have no problem because you all aren’t the ones losing money for the inefficiency. Now the client who has hired all the clowns has a problem. But if he doesn’t know he has a problem does he? And if he doesn’t neither do all of you. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete