Friday, February 17, 2012

The clown made my coffee this morning

Dan and I have been working close to Kimberling City lately. I have been putting coffee in my automatic coffee maker the night before so that it will start brewing before the alarm goes off. This works really good unless you don't put it on the night before. Last night was just such a night. Brenda has been helping me lately and both of us just didn't want to deal with it. Instead we jumped into bed and watched The Rope. Alfred Hitchcock really had a warped mind sort off. We looked for him early in the movie but I guess we missed his usual cameo appearance. I snoozed off a few times but managed to catch most of the movie. I found myself thinking of different twisted things to add. The guy that keep getting nervous was my target. In the end there was no way I could improve Hitchcock. That man was really clever. Almost as clever as the clown who made our coffee. He gets it wrong 53.6% of the time and we give his organization $2.79 every morning. Well not every morning lately. We are getting pretty frustrated with the clown. His stooges do the same thing day after day, ask us what we want, two large coffees with three creams and three sugars. What is so hard to understand. By the way brew a whole pot of Joe before pouring, such a novel idea. That way Mr. Dan's won't taste like dish water and mine like burnt dish rags. Why do we keep trading with the clown? Hope! That it will be right and I day will start out sunshiny!

1 comment:

  1. Well we have to remember that Mr. President succeeded on getting elected on hope don’t we. So hope is a very powerful motivator. I wonder if hope will be the battle cry this time around. Bet not. We can still have hope with our coffee though because we still have a 53.6% chance of success. Mr. President winning with the slogan of hope is substantially less than that I believe. What’s your guess, about .000000021%.

    ReplyDelete