Saturday, March 3, 2012

Final Blog Entry

I'm not real sure how to go about this reflective piece on my blogging. I will just go about it pretty much the same way as I blogged,  say what comes to my mind. The way I picked subjects for my blogs was like this. I would sit and think for a few minutes and if something was on my mind then I would just start writing, with no particular direction in mind. If my mind was blank with ideas then I would look around my desk and pick some object or a word within my sight and create a blog from scratch. The process seemed very easy to me and subject matter was no issue. I enjoyed creating mini stories from my warped mind. One night, while at home alone, I wrote about demons that were harnessed by music playing on my radio. This may seem really twisted but it was where my mind was that night. I enjoy writing these thoughts down and then reading them back to myself. I realized that most of my writing was going to be Greek to my readers but I didn't care. It was Sam's Space I was writing in and it was going to be Sam's ideas in the blogs, period. I will write civilly on Christmas cards. When I would start to think of people reading the blogs my writing would become watered down and homogenized, not really me. I don't like thinking about critics reading my stuff because then my style changes and it becomes their stuff. People don't want to read what I think they want to read do they? I think they want bold and fresh. I'm not good at ESP anyway. When picking a name for my blog site I decided on Safe From the Storm. I wanted my space to be safe from preconceived notions and expected ideas (the storm of conformity). There are other reasons too, but they are personal. This blog project was unexpectedly fun and enabled me to go beyond the normal "copy/paste" discussion boards @ OTC.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! What's a copy/paste discussion board? Help me out and send me a note. This is a nice reflection. You had the perfect approach to selecting topics and you have a body of work here you should be proud of. I hope you will keep writing. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete