Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm Running with good company

Well I finished my Jung typology test and it seems I am running with a pretty good crowd. According to the test I should be a very good writer. Hmmm! The test tells me similar personalities to mine are Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King Jr.,John Calvin and Nelson Mandela. I told Brenda that this is proof I'm a little angel, for some reason she just rolled her eyes. Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King Jr. kind of jumped out at me. A couple of days ago I was posting a hypothetical situation in my World Religion class and it went something like this. I was setting up a forum to discuss the future of humanity. The two people I choose to highlight the forum were Hitler and Mother Teresa. For support Hitler was going to bring in Friedrich Nietzsche and Carl Jung. Who knew that two days latter I would be taken a Jung typology test (LOL). Across the table from Hitler and his gang is Humble Mother Teresa and the Reverends Martin Luther King Jr. and Billy Graham. I can't believe that two of the people I chose were similar in personality to me. Is this weird or do we subconsciously relate to people who are exactly like us. There she goes again, rolling her eyes.  Just something to think about!

2 comments:

  1. Sam - what was your typology, the results? What did your results mean and how does this apply, or not, to you, to you as a student and to you as a writer? Eye rolling is an art. :) ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. INFJ---According to the Jung test I should be a counselor and I have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others. I have to be honest here, Mr. Jung is not one of my favorite personalities and this test kind of creeps me out. He puts very little emphasis on the soul of a man and focuses on evolved and learned psyche. I need my soul left intact or my writing becomes copy/paste.

    ReplyDelete